Friday, June 26, 2009

New beginnings

As of today I am 6 weeks pregnant. It was a little over 2 weeks ago I took the test that is changing our lives. I decided to do this blog mostly to get my feelings out and maybe some friends and family could keep up with what is going on with us. We are newlyweds (just celebrated our half-a-year-iversary) and having a baby this soon wasn't exactly our plan but of course we think babies are gifts from God so we are thankful. I won't go into every detail on the world wide web but will tell a little bit about how the past 6 weeks unfolded. It was a Wednesday morning that I decided to take the test…6:20am in fact…because my husband was minutes from getting out of bed when I woke him telling him I was pregnant. We both just stared at each other for several seconds in total shock. I’ve gotten a lot of “were you trying??” No! We were not trying but partially suspected it (again I won’t go into the details) and still we were in total shock! I knew we couldn’t keep it secret for long and Timmy wanted to tell people right away so we opted to each call our mothers on the phone and then tell the rest of our family. My mom was just sooo excited (it is after all her first grandchild) and Kathy was as well. Mom went on to tell her closest friends (all 50 of them). We spent the next couple of days spreading the news. I originally wanted to keep it a secret and wait until things were more definitive but can’t fault anyone for being so excited. Because I work for an OB/GYN I was able to take another test at work and have some blood work done. I still have a couple of more weeks until I will be able to see the Doc (you have to be 8-9 weeks in our office). Every day that goes by we get a little more excited. So far no sickness….just VERY tired!!! Timmy even had his first Father’s Day this past weekend! The baby still doesn’t have a mouth but if it did I know it would’ve already told him he was a great dad! If you ARE actually reading this please keep praying for us! We have a few things to still work out…no insurance, teeny tiny apt, etc….but God has been VERY faithful my whole life and definitely in the last 6 months and I know He will continue to be! Check back later for more updates from the FATHEREE THREE!!

10 comments:

  1. Stephanie!!!! That's such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! I just know you and Timmy with be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YALL!!!! I'm so glad you got a blog :) I will definitely keep reading it.. it makes me miss you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep praying Steph!!!! I'll follow you're blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats hun
    Ill be following
    ive got a blog too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candice Chapman and Cali Girl!!!June 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM

    I love you both! You mean the world to me!!!
    Cali loves you 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the Fatheree Three! You and Timmy are two of my absolutely FAVORITES!!!! And, Baby Fatheree will be a WELCOME addition!!!!! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!!! SO SO SO excited that you have a blog and a baby on the way!!!! YEA!!!!! Congratulations to y'all...so happy for you guys! LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are very excited about the addition to come to your family!! The teeny tiny apartment will work JUST FINE!! Love Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. God is so good! I love you guys and look forward to seeing sweet baby Fatheree's face! My guess is that it will be a boy!

    ReplyDelete